Prana Yoga 12 Week 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Program
- Starts February 26, 2017 (Weekend Program)
Tuition & Payment Options
- Tuition for this program is $3,295, if paid in full (save $500)
- Payment plan available, $1,795 made in two payments (contract required)
Tuition includes all practice and lecture sessions, and training manual. No books, travel or lodging accommodations are included in this price. Application fees are non-refundable. Tuition is non-refundable.
About this Training
This training will offer a rich foundation of information and experience from which to begin or deepen a practice of teaching yoga. It is also open to dedicated yoga practitioners looking for a greater depth of knowledge.
Our specialized faculty come from a wide range of yogic traditions and lineages and have decades of experience teaching. The goal of this program is to train yoga students to become exceptional yoga teachers with an ability to lead people of all kinds into a meaningful and authentic yoga practice. Participants will learn how to safely and systematically practice and teach a wide range of yoga postures, as well as breathing, relaxation and meditation techniques. Our teachers in training also learn how to instruct different levels of practitioners, address individual bodies, and integrate valuable yogic wisdom into their teaching.
Graduates of our program are eligible for 200 Hour RYT designation with the Yoga Alliance.
Whether you’re looking to become a yoga teacher or you’re simply interested in deepening your practice ….This experience will change your life…
This program is an opportunity for dedicated yoga practitioners to delve deeply into their own practice and study and learn to teach. It is also a transformation process. Through self-inquiry and facing personal challenges, participants grow as individuals form a tight bond with one another. Through this process trainees learn how to become a positive force in their own lives and in their communities.
- Classical Yoga Philosophy & Scripture Study
- Teaching Principles: Alignment, Sequencing, Hands on Adjustments
- Classroom Principles: Assessing Student Needs & Limitations, Making Modifications, Using Props
- Structural Anatomy & Physiology
- Subtle Anatomy: Chakras, Koshas, Prana, Nadis, Kundalini
- Systematic Relaxation, Pranayama & Meditation
- Principles of Ayurveda: Gunas, Doshas
- Introduction to Sanskrit (alphabet, mantra, yoga pose pronunciation)
- Business & Ethics
Prana Yoga is committed to upholding a high standard of quality for our teacher training program. We require applicants to have a minimum of 1 year consistent yoga asana practice.